Name of the district (HB 1154)
Harris County Municipal Utility District 172
Name and term of office for each board member (SB 2, HB 305, HB 1154)
Jerry M. Folmar, 05/05/2018 – 05/07/2022
Patrick Burke, 05/02/2020 – 05/07/2024
Jerry G. Stenberg, 05/05/2018 – 05/07/2022
Tom Russell, 05/02/2020 – 05/07/2024
Mark T. Flynn, 05/05/2018 – 05/07/2022
Contact information for main office of district (mailing and physical address, and phone number) (SB 2, HB 305, HB 1154)
2727 Allen Parkway, Suite 1100, Houston, Texas 77019
Official contact information for each board member (SB 2, HB 1154)
Same as contact information for the main office of district. (Above)
If applicable, the name of the general manager (HB 1154)
The name of the person representing the operator, including a mailing address and telephone number (HB 1154)
H2O Consulting Inc.
5870 Highway 6 North, Suite 215, Houston, Texas 77084
Phone: (281) 861-6215
The name of the person representing the tax assessor/collector, including mailing address and telephone number (HB 1154)
Bob Leared Interests
11111 Katy Freeway, Suite 725, Houston, Texas 77079
Phone: (713) 932-9011
The rate of the ad valorem tax; (HB 1154)
If applicable, the sales and use tax rate; (HB 1154)
Any tax rate hearing notice; (HB 1154)
- Notice of Public Hearing on Tax Rate – 2021
- Tax Rate Resolution – 2021
- Finding District to be Low Tax Rate, Developed, Developing, or Developed District in a Declared Disaster Area
- Calling Public Hearing on 2021 Tax Rate
- Authorizing Tax Assessor-Collector to Prepare and Publish Notice of the Public Hearing
Location and schedule of meeting of the district (HB 1154)
Monthly on the 3rd Thursday at 1:00 p.m. at Houston National Golf Club, 16500 Houston National Blvd., Houston, Texas.
A statement that the residents have a right to request a designation of a meeting location within the district (HB 1154)
The Board’s regular meetings are held within the District at 16500 Houston National Blvd., Houston, Texas 77095. Nevertheless, under Texas law, the following information is required to be posted.
Residents of the District have the right to request the designation of a meeting location within the District under Section 49.062(g), Water Code. A description of this process can be found at https://www.tceq.texas.gov/assets/public/permitting/watersupply/districts/Form-20863.pdf.
Each meeting notice and minutes of meetings for the current year and the preceding 12 months (HB 305, HB 1154)
Conflict of Interest Disclosures (Texas Local Government Code Chapter 176)
- Conflict of Interest Questionnaire
- Conflict of Interest Disclosures
Energy Consumption Reports (Texas Government Code Section 2265)
Election Information (HB 305)
The next election for Directors of the District is scheduled for May 7, 2022 at a location to be determined.
Director candidacy filing requirements and deadlines are as follows:
- To be qualified to serve as a director, a person shall be at least 18 years old, a resident citizen of the State of Texas, and either own land subject to taxation in the district or be a qualified voter within the district.
- To run for election to the District’s Board of Directors, a person must file an application for a place on the ballot. The application must be filed with the Secretary of the District’s Board of Directors or his/her designated agent by mail, fax, email or in person. An application may be downloaded/printed from the website of the Texas Secretary of State at https://www.sos.texas.gov/elections/forms/pol-sub/2-21f.pdf
- First day to file for place on May 7, 2022 general election ballot is Wednesday, 1/19/2022.
- Last day to file for place on May 7, 2022 general election ballot is by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, 2/18/2022.
- A person may run for election to the District’s Board of Directors as a write-in candidate and to do so must file a declaration of write-in candidacy. The declaration must be filed with the Secretary of the District’s Board of Directors or his/her designated agent by mail, fax, email or in person. A declaration form may be downloaded/printed from the website of the Texas Secretary of State at https://www.sos.texas.gov/elections/forms/pol-sub/2-23f.pdf
- Deadline to file write in candidacy declaration for May 7, 2022 general election is by 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, 2/22/2022.
The location(s) of the election will be posted upon determination.
Public Information Requests
To request public information, please direct your request to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail or hand deliver your request to Smith, Murdaugh, Little & Bonham, L.L.P., 2727 Allen Parkway, Suite 1100, Houston, Texas 77019.